It is common knowledge that skin is among the most sensitive organs in the human body. Also, it is a shield of protection from various external factors like dust particles, microbial organisms, etc. Your skin is also prone to various disorders and problems from time to time. It is important to treat them before it gets worse and hard to cure. Of all the skin problems, the one common problem that a lot of people face is–rashes in the underarm region.
This problem is annoying and can cause social discomfort especially if you are wearing sleeveless clothing. Though it might seem to be like a common rash or allergy, leaving it untreated can complicate the problem. So, if you are suffering from rashes in the underarm and looking for a solution, then you are at the right place–because remedies for underarm rash treatment are discussed here. But first, let’s take a look at the causes of rashes.
- Skin rupture
In this case, the skin in the underarm or the armpit region tends to get ruptured due to the constant movement of the hands, sweat, bacteria, and dryness. So, the area shows rashes that makes you uncomfortable. If the skin rubs hard against itself for a longer duration, then irritation is likely to occur.
In this condition, the skin turns red, dry, and scaly. Red patches might appear on the skin which can crack too. Usually, genetic factors, environmental factors or some foods can trigger this problem. If you notice this condition, you should stop using deodorants, roll-on etc., immediately. Eczema rashes are non-contagious and can last for more than a week.
- Skin care products or chemical treatments
Often cosmetics, lotions, creams and skin treatments like a chemical peel or laser treatments can cause allergic skin reactions. So, it is best to undergo a patch test before you try out any new cosmetic or perfume or a skin care product. Before getting any skin treatment, consult a dermatologist.
Ringworm is a prevalent fungal infection that can develop in those areas of the body which stay moist most of the time and don’t receive ample ventilation. Naturally, underarms are such places where ringworm can grow and cause rashes. Ringworm causes a ring-like rash.
Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, underarm rashes can also appear due to body heat, or seborrheic dermatitis.
Take a look at the underarm rash treatment methods now.
- Aloe Vera – The plant has medicinal values and is highly beneficial as underarm rash treatment. Since aloe vera has cooling agents, it first cools down the red affected area, giving instant relief. Apply the gel on the affected area gently and leave it on until dry. Doing this on a daily basis will deliver the desired results. Before applying the aloe gel, make sure that the skin is free from any artificial substances like fragrances, etc. Clean and pat dry the skin before application.
- Tea tree oil – Another method that can give you the desired relief is tea tree oil. All you will have to do is dip a clean piece of cotton into the oil and apply it on the underarm area. Not only will the rashes disappear, but you will also notice that the scars will start lessening.
- Baking soda + coconut oil – These commonly available ingredients can help in treating underarm rashes too. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to coconut oil (equal proportions) to form a paste. Apply this paste onto the affected area and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Potassium alum – Sprinkle potassium alum over the infected areas. It is best for treating the bacteria. Apply it on clean and dry skin to avoid any interaction with perfumes or deodorants that you might be using. This too is one of the effective remedies for underarm rash treatment.
- Ice cubes – Rolling an ice cube all over the rashes can help you get quick relief. It will be easily available at all times as well.
Following one of these remedies on a regular basis will help you get the relief you need. And if the rashes in the underarm region persist, then it is advisable to see a doctor for further treatment. Sometimes, no natural remedies might work as an underarm rash treatment and in that case, it is best to seek professional help.