Peyronie’s disease is the formation of plaque inside the penis which makes it bent in shape. Most men who are suffering from Peyronie’s disease can still have sexual intercourse. However, some might find sexual intercourse to be painful. There are some Peyronie’s disease patients who might find themselves having erectile dysfunction. That is why you need to look for the Peyronie’s disease cure at the earliest in case you are or anyone you know is suffering from the disease.
Tests and diagnosis of Peyronie’s disease
If you think that you have Peyronie’s disease, the first and foremost thing you have to do is visit a doctor. A thorough physical examination will help you to determine whether you really have the problem or not. This will also involve measuring the size of your penis. By doing so, your doctor will find out the exact location where you have the scar tissue and the amount you have. This examination will also help you to find out whether you have a shortened penis or not. There are times when your doctor might ask you to go for an X-ray test to find out about the existence of the scar. After doing so, he or she might refer you to a urologist.
Treatment of Peyronie’s disease
If you have Peyronie’s disease, the first thing you would be looking to find out is Peyronie’s disease cure. However, before you proceed further, you should know that there is no cure for this disease. But the good news is, Peyronie’s can be treated. It also may get treated on its own. It is obvious for the doctors to prescribe medications for the disease; however, many doctors like to wait for the symptoms to go away on its own or not in case your symptoms are not that severe.
After the initial diagnosis, your doctor will often inject the medicine in your penis or even recommend a surgery if you are facing excruciating pain in your penis. For the curving of the penis, the doctor will prescribe medicine only when your penis is bent around 30 degrees. The Peyronie’s disease cure with medications will involve taking injections on your penis from time to time as that will break down the building up of collagen.
Non-surgical treatment options
Iontophoresis is also a technique that could be used in order to deliver medicines through the skin by using weak electric current. Also, some of the other non-surgical methods for Peyronie’s disease cure that is getting investigated are:
- The use of shock waves to break down the scar tissue.
- Stretching of the penis with the use of penile traction therapy.
- Vacuumdevice to eliminate the scar tissue inside your penis.
Also, another option you have in order to prevent Peyronie’s disease from happening in the first place is to change your lifestyle. There are certain things in your lifestyle that might lead to erectile dysfunctions due to Peyronie’s diseases. You need to change them at the first place to get the results of the treatment you are undergoing currently. Let’s have a look at those much-needed lifestyle changes for Peyronie’s disease cure:
- Quit smoking: Smoking is a bad habit that one needs to get rid of. Quitting smoking could also help you to improve the condition of your Peyronie’s disease.
- Reduce alcohol: Alcohol could damage your body in a lot of ways. When you are facing Peyronie’s disease, you ought to look for ways to make the treatment of the disease much more effective. One such thing that could prolong the treatment from Peyronie’s is excessive alcohol consumption. You need to make sure while you are undergoing the treatment for Peyronie’s disease that you are keeping the alcohol consumption in check.
- Stop using illegal medication: Many of you might be involved in sports and look to use performance enhancement medications in order to gain the upper hand on your opponent. You need to remember that one of the side effects of these medications is erectile dysfunction. Therefore, you cannot afford to take these medications which are illegal as well.
- Exercise daily: There is nothing better than exercising daily if you want to keep yourselves healthy. Also, exercise increases your immunity power and by doing so help you to get cured of a disease that you may have. That is why when you are looking to get a cure for Peyronie’s, make sure that you are getting into an active lifestyle by doing exercise daily.
However, if even after following these treatment procedures your Peyronie’s disease don’t get cured, then your doctor will recommend you to undergo a surgery which will be in the severe case of penis deformity. In most cases of Peyronie’s disease, a patient can recover in some time.