Sweating is a way of keeping the body cool. The amount of sweat produced varies in every person. Some people suffer from the problem of excessive sweating that is medically associated with hyperhidrosis, normally observed around the areas of hands, armpits, feet, and groin. The problem can be inborn or an individual may develop it during the later stages of his life. If the sweating is without any known cause, then it is defined as primary hyperhidrosis, but if the body sweats more due to an underlying medical condition, it is called secondary hyperhidrosis. The causes of primary hyperhidrosis can be partial hereditary. Today, there are thousands of curative methods available that can be helpful to cure the problem. Mentioned below are the causes of excessive sweating, have a look at these:
- Diabetic hypoglycemia
- Fever for an unknown cause
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Heart attack
- Heat exhaustion
- Respiratory failure
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Some medications
Above affirmations are the causes of excessive sweating that can be prevented by various way outs. If hyperhidrosis doesn’t get treated in time it may lead to the following complications:
- Nail infections: The excessive sweating can result in toenail infections that can further cause several disorders.
- Warts: This is a severe skin infection whose cause is virus HPV that generally attacks the body in sweaty conditions.
- Bacterial infections: Excessive sweat results in a number of bacterial infections. The main targeted areas are hair follicles and the space present between adjoining fingers of feet and hands.
- Heat rashes: This complication results in itching to the body. A large red rash on the skin is observed that causes the stinging sensation. This happens due to blockage of sweat ducts and the deposition of sweat trapped beneath the skin.
- Psychological impact: It affects the person psychologically. It depletes the confidence level, personal life, and professional relationships. Some of the individuals can feel anxious, emotional stress, depressed and socially withdrawn.
Given below is the list of various breakthrough solutions that can prevent excessive sweating and save you from the various infections:
Natural remedies: Natural remedies are the best among various ways to treat the problem as these methods do not have any of the side effects. Listed below are some of the common ways to treat excessive sweating:
- Antiperspirants: Always remember that deodorants are not helpful in order to stop sweating, but antiperspirants do. These contain aluminum chloride that is beneficial in plugging various sweat glands.
- Armpit shields: It is advised to wear pads in armpits so that the garments can be protected from the excessive sweat.
- Clothing: The material of the clothes you wear plays a major role. Always prefer to wear cotton and loose-fitted clothes. Avoid rayon and nylon clothes.
- Shoes: Synthetic material is known to worsen the various symptoms of excess sweating, so it is more advisable to wear shoes that are made of natural leather.
- Socks: Wear socks which are good absorbers, so prefer thick, soft socks made from natural fibers.
Medications: There are variously available medicines that can prevent excessive sweating. Here is a list of few such medicines or medical procedures:
- Iontophoresis: It is the process in which the feet and hands are kept submerged in a short water container, through which the current is passed that is painless. Most of the patients need this treatment two to four times.
- Botox injections: Botulinum toxin works by blocking the nerves which help to trigger the various sweat glands. A patient needs several injections to keep the process under control.
- Anticholinergic drugs: These are the drugs that are helpful in inhibiting the transmission of the parasympathetic nerve impulses. Generally, the change in symptoms is observed within the time period of two weeks or less.
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy: It is the surgical method used for the patient whose body is not responding to various other treatments. In ETS the nerves that give the message to the sweat glands are cut to cure the problem.
At an average, the person needs to seek for medical help if the problem is consistent. It is equally important to escalate the causes of excessive sweating so that more people can become familiar with these and have timely prevention or treatment. Moreover, all you need to do is take preventive measures which are given above. Observe the causes and symptoms and take the right preventive methods if you are suffering from excessive sweating.