All of our body parts are necessary to perform several activities, and knees are something without which we cannot move even an inch. Knees are an indispensable part of the body as the knee joints enable us to walk, jump and do everything that we can’t do by being static. Hence, it is of paramount importance that we take extreme care of our knees. However, if you get into a situation that leaves you with a damaged knee joint, you should seek the medical assistance of an orthopedic doctor. If you are not sure whether or not your problem is a serious one, you can go through the knee replacement surgery videos on the Internet to know better about your condition. In a knee replacement surgery, the damaged part of the knee is replaced by an artificial part. Most of the times, doctors try to avoid the surgery by administering medicines to the patient, but if none works, then surgery is the ultimate option.
Knee joints can get damaged due to several reasons such as meeting with an accident while doing house chores or getting injured during road accidents or while playing sports. People suffer from knee problems on account of age as well. Aging leads to wearing of cartilages in the knees which makes it difficult to walk. It can be really troublesome when you are not able to walk. For those people who want to know more about such problems, several knee replacement surgery videos on the Internet can help them understand the situation well.
If you are also one of those facing knee pains and are concerned about the same, consider adopting the following changes:
- Weight loss: Most of the people tend to suffer from knee problems because they do not exercise much which makes their body parts habitual to lying static. Exercising involves the participation of all the parts of the body which helps them to enjoy good health. Excessive weight is not good for the health, especially when it concerns your knees. Over-weight can put pressure on the knees which make them suffer wear. By exercising, you can keep your weight under the adequate limits. It restricts the load on the knees and keeps them healthy forever.
- Consult with a therapist: A physical therapist helps you to get the better of your current knee situation. They will be able to guide you correctly as to what exercises are suitable for your problem and how much time must be allowed for these exercises.
- Medications: There are several medicines available at a drug store that help in relieving the knee pain, but such medications must be taken after due consultation with a professional practitioner. Do not try to indulge in self-medication as most of the people tend to do so based on their Internet knowledge and suggestions from their acquaintances. Self-medication can lead to side effects and other allergic reactions.
- Knee injections: People dealing with damaged knee joints have the option of injection as well. Such injections contain Hyaluronic acid that fosters lubrication in knees and enhances the shock absorption capability of the joints. However, it is the decision of your doctor whether or not you should take such injections. A knee replacement surgery video can explain better as to how such injections improve the working of knee joints.
Following is the essential information that must be known by the people facing knee issues:
- People facing acute damage to the knee joints and experiencing progressive pain around the knee must consider knee replacement.
- People resort to knee replacement if they are found to be the patient of osteoarthritis.
- People who have been treated with a knee replacement surgery are required to undergo a physical therapy post the treatment.
- People might be required to take specific medications such as antibiotics, especially if they have been fitted with artificial joints.
Once it has been ascertained that you are required to undergo a knee replacement surgery, there are some things that you must be aware of such as risks involved in the treatment, the time required to get recovered post the treatment, medication to be taken, physical therapy to ensure faster recovery, etc. Knee replacement can cause blood clotting in the treated leg which can travel to the lungs, causing further problems. It can also lead to chest pain, breathing problems, urinary tract related complications, nausea, knee stiffness, etc. Although you will be in touch with your doctor for the first couple of months of your surgery, if you experience any of these symptoms for some duration, waste no time to take medical assistance. The last but not the least comes to the cost involved in such surgeries. The cost for knee replacement surgery depends upon your condition and the time required for recovering from the treatment.