There are minerals and salts in urine which lead to the formation of stones in the kidney. There are ways to dissolve kidney stones naturally like drinking copious amounts of water, lemon juice and so on.
What are kidney stones?
One of the major reasons for the formation of kidney stones would be dehydration. Due to dehydration, the movement of fluid in the kidneys slows down with a higher possibility of salt and mineral compounds getting stuck together. In most cases, calcium oxalate forms hard deposits in the kidney. They can be found in other parts of the urinary tract as well. Kidney stones are also known as calculi. Depending on the size of the stone, surgical intervention may be required. How to dissolve kidney stones without medical intervention is what we’re going to find out.
Ways to dissolve kidney stones naturally
The process of the kidney stone exiting the body through the urinary tract is known as passing a kidney stone. This could be quite painful in some cases.
Before using any methods to dissolve kidney stones naturally, it is important to determine if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are on medications for some ailment. There are antibiotics, blood pressure medications, diuretics, cholesterol and liver medications which don’t agree with natural remedies.
These natural remedies to dissolve kidney stones naturally are not monitored by the United States Food and Drug Administration.
- Water: Prevention and treatment of kidney stones can be easily done with water. It is recommended to have 8 glasses of water per day. If you increase it to 12 glasses per day, then the passage of the stones becomes smoother and the growth of deposits is also checked.
- Lemon juice: There is citrate in lemon juice which breaks down the deposits of calcium and impedes their growth. Smaller stones can be broken down by drinking two 5 ounce glasses of lemon juice on an empty stomach and another two glasses before dinner. You need to be extremely careful when purchasing lemon juice and avoid those that contain a low amount of pure lemon extract with high sweeteners as this could result in kidney stones. You should either use fresh lemons or get pure lemon extract to get the true benefit.
- Basil: This contains citric acid which helps in the stabilization of uric acid levels and this leads to the prevention of kidney stone formation. Basil also has a chemical known as acetic acid which helps in dissolving kidney stones. You need to get the extract or have pure juice of basil, one teaspoon daily, for the treatment and prevention of kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: The calcium deposits that are present in kidney stones can be dissolved with the citric acid in apple cider vinegar. You need pure apple cider vinegar and 8 ounces of water daily. This will help prevent the growth of kidney stones as well as treat the symptoms. To get the best results, take it before meals and drink it frequently throughout the day. You can get apple cider vinegar as well as supplements online as there are several brands to choose from.
- Wheatgrass juice: There are certain compounds in wheatgrass juice which increase the urine production in the system which in turn results in easier passage of the stones as well as reducing the chances of formation of stones. There are antioxidants in it and this removes the salts and minerals from the urinary tract. You need to get 2 to 8 ounces of the extract of wheatgrass or pure juice every day. You might also use pills or supplementary powders.
- Celery juice: There are compounds and antioxidants in celery which augment the production of urine. The use of celery seeds in meals regularly could help in preventing the growth of kidney stones. You could blend celery stalk with water and prepare celery juice. Kidney stones symptoms can be treated with the regular consumption of celery juice.
- Uva ursi: This is a herb which has disinfectants and solvents which help in cleaning the urinary tract and ensuring the smooth exit of kidney stones. With pure uva ursi which is dried, about 500 mg, may be helpful for those suffering from kidney stones.
- Kidney bean broth: There is magnesium in kidney beans and this compound aids in the reduction of kidney stones as well as treatment of the symptoms. The pods need to be boiled for around 5 to 6 hours. After straining with a cheesecloth, the liquid can be consumed either warm or after cooling. It can be had frequently throughout the day.
- Extra-virgin olive oil: This oil acts as a lubricant which helps cleanse out the kidney stones. There is a likelihood of a reduction in the discomfort with the consumption of 5 ounces of this oil in the morning or late afternoon.
- Pomegranate juice: This contains certain antioxidants which prevent the formation of kidney stones and make their exit from the urinary tract easier.