Usually, people follow a routine skin care process that involves cleansing, sun protection, and moisturizing but forget to include exfoliation. An occasional skin facial includes an exfoliating process so that skin pores can easily be opened for cleaning. It will be incorrect of you to assume that a cleanser and moisturizer will do its work and you have provided enough nourishment to your skin by just that. Using a good exfoliating scrub is one of the best ways to start off a skin cleansing routine. There are so many best-seeming exfoliating face scrubs in the market that you may get confused at a glance.
What does a face scrub do?
In practical terms, a face scrub is helpful in removing the clogged pores and releasing dirt particles that settle down deep inside the open pores. It is not easy to remove the dirt from clogged pores by merely using a face wash. Exfoliation is a method by which the skin starts breathing again and allows oxygen to travel deep within. Dead skin occasionally sheds when facial scrubbing is performed. It prevents the formation of acne, reduces wrinkles and helps to maintain an even skin tone. In the online market on various websites, you can find many exfoliating face scrubs that are the best and can be used daily due to their affordable rates. Some face wash products include microbeads that help in exfoliation.
How should you use a face scrub?
You should use face scrub when skin exposure to harmful elements is the least. It means that when you are at home, and any outdoor activity not scheduled for 2 to 3 hours later, then skin treatment must accomplish. Here are some steps you should follow-
- First of all, wipe your face with a cleanser pad or a mild lotion to remove dirt from all over face.
- After cleansing, pat dry your face with a warm towel.
- Now, apply exfoliation scrub on face gently. Apply one drop of the face scrub everywhere on the facial skin except the eye area. Massage gently in circular motions at least for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Once you feel you have covered every part of your face, gently wash the scrub away. Dead skin cells removed through the process will not appear until natural sunlight or pollution exposure experienced.
What should you look for before purchasing a face scrub?
The best kind of exfoliating face scrubs has more natural elements than cosmetic. The natural ingredients are aloe vera extract, micro berry beads, papaya pulp, mild granules or natural seeds, jojoba beads, and apricot kernel. However, it is necessary to find a suitable face scrub according to the skin tone you have. Here are some skin types and ingredients which are suitable accordingly-
- Sensitive skin– foam based or cream based face scrub is better for sensitive skin. There are companies in the cosmetic industry which produce face scrubs for exfoliating purposes that contain synthetic based compounds rather than natural seeds. Walnut or apricot kernel scrub may create irritation if it is sensitive. It is advised to look at the front of the product bottle where suitable skin types or sensitivity warnings are mentioned.
- Normal or combination skin– This skin type takes to natural ingredients because they balance the Ph level of the surface naturally. The products which state that they contain walnut particles are better than the synthetic compound if you have a healthy skin tone. Jojoba seeds are another significant ingredient found in the best exfoliating face scrubs.
- Oily skin– An oily skin type should use the scrubs containing aloe vera extract, papaya extract or natural seeds. You should steer clear from moisturizer based face scrubs because it will increase the amount of excessive oil in the skin pores.
What are the benefits of exfoliation?
- Dead skin cells are adequately removed by using the face scrub. It cleans the inner surface of the facial skin which allows oxygen to travel and carbon dioxide to release easily.
- The blood circulation of the skin improves and gives a beautiful glow.
- It prevents acne formation, whiteheads, and blackheads too
When and at what interval is exfoliation necessary?
If the skin shows visible signs of acne, dark spots, and uneven skin tone, then using a scrub around twice a week is useful. You can eventually reduce the usage to around once a week. Try and use it sparingly because excessive usage may lead to dry skin. Use it at least once a week so that your cleanser or sunblock protection cream does not block skin pores and goes deep inside to provide nourishment.
What precautions are to be taken after exfoliation?
After using a face scrub, you must take certain precautions. Since the skin is exposed directly, and you should not leave it naked, and follow with the below steps immediately.
- Use a sunscreen or a gel-based moisturizer. Cover open pores with a hydrating face lotion so that you don’t feel irritation or dryness.
- Drink plenty of water to maintain the ph level.
- Wash your face after any exposure to the harsh sunlight and use mild, alcohol-free face wipes only
The best exfoliating face scrubs are ones that are genuine and ask for one-time investment. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on scrubs; a budget one can do the job just as well.