Once a person is diagnosed with lung cancer, they will have to go through medical treatments like chemotherapy. Though these medical treatments help in recovery, they have many side effects. These side effects can be reduced with the help of home remedies. The remedies also help in the recovery of lung cancer. Some of the common home remedies are mentioned below.
Yoga promotes overall well-being and helps people with lung cancer sleep better. Some yoga poses help pump blood to the lungs, oxygenating them.
Inhaling the fragrance of essential oils helps in the recovery of cancer in many ways. These oils can be applied to relieve you from pain caused by chemotherapy. Aromatherapy, as a home remedy, helps in energizing and stimulating the emotional centers of the brain. It also helps in calming down uneasiness and nausea caused during chemotherapy treatment. Some of the common essential oils that help in the smooth recovery of lung cancer include:
- Rosemary – helps in decongestion and acts as a pain reliever
- Frankincense – helps you enter a meditative state
- Lavender – relaxes nerves and reduces stress
- Peppermint- helps fight nausea
Cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy develop many side effects, which include depression, nausea, anxiety, and pain. Most of these conditions can be treated by acupuncture. It helps to harmonize and maintain the flow of positive energy in the body. Acupuncture also helps in developing the stamina to manage pain during treatment.
Water helps transfer nutrients to various parts of our body. It is advisable to drink eight to ten glasses of water every day to stay healthy. Drinking water also helps in flushing out bad bacteria. Undergoing chemotherapy leads to dry mouth due to radiations exposed to the salivary gland. The dry mouth problem can last for a lifetime even after recovery. It can be controlled by staying hydrated at all times. Patients can tackle this problem with simple home remedies like:
- Rising their mouth every two to three hours, by adding some salt or baking soda to the water.
- Using saliva substitutes that are easily available in pharmacies
- Keeping lips moisturized with the help of lip balm
A healthy diet
Maintaining a healthy diet is imperative to fighting cancer. Digestive organs become very sensitive when a patient undergoes chemotherapy. This problem can be handled easily by:
- Consuming food containing fewer oils and spices
- Avoiding eating food that is too hot or cold
- Avoiding food that causes gas and acidity
- Drinking plenty of water and fluids
- Consuming soft and bland food that is low in fiber
Adding herbs and spices
Herbs play an important role in helping you manage lung cancer due to their antioxidant properties. Besides having medicinal value, adding herbs to your daily diet makes your food taste better. Also, recent researches have shown that cultivating herbs as a hobby helps in reducing stress and depression bought on by cancer treatments. Spices such as garlic, ginger, and turmeric help in reducing inflammation and act as an antioxidant.